Saturday, November 21, 2009

Undercovers


Title: Undercovers
Author: Nadia Aidan
Publisher: Total-E-Bound
Publisher URL: http://www.total-e-bound.com/
ISBN: 978-1-907280-33-7
Genre: {M/F} Seasonal/Vampire/Paranormal
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph

Detective Jasmeene LeCourt had been chosen to pose as a stripper to catch a murderer. With her skills, stunning looks and half human blood, she is perfect for this job. Though she is ready for the assignment, Jasmeene wasn’t so comfortable with the handsome vampire she is forced to work with. He is exactly the kind of man who gets under her skin, in more ways than one.

As a player, Roarke Dimitru has no time for women on a long term basis but something about Jasmeene is drawing him in deeper than he cares to admit. Once this case was over, Roarke figured he would sleep with her and get her out of his system. However, as the dangerous case intensifies, so does the undeniable attraction between them.

The past plays a big part in Jasmeene and Roarke’s relationship, even though neither of them realized this at first. Both had experienced heartbreak and been changed because of it. At certain points, I perceived Roarke’s actions as cold and aloof. Then I peeked into his heart and I understood his reasons. Jasmeene has more spirit than Roarke expected and I enjoyed watching her shock him every so often. The suspense and the sexual tension will definitely grab the readers. Nadia Aidan did a wonderful job in Undercovers, so I’m definitely going to read the other stories in this anthology, Caught In The Middle.

No comments: