
Title: Amorzinhos
Author: BA Tortuga
Publisher: Torquere Books
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-920-0
Genre: [M/M/M] Contemporary Ménage, Cowboy
Rating: 3 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Mystical Nymph
Partners Balta and Joa still have trouble keeping their hands off each other. Their love is strong and steadfast, but the more dominant Balta knows his lover needs something else, or rather someone else…someone kinder and less powerful to make him happy…a friend. He’s determined to provide his beloved Joa with everything he needs, and if that means adding another man to their bed, then that’s what he’s willing to do.
Raul has recently arrived in the United States from his home country of Brazil and new to the American bull-riding circuit. He’s having trouble with a few of the other riders, doesn’t speak good English and is lonely. He needs help but more importantly, he needs a friend. He’s a kind-hearted man, who also happens to be sizzling hot. Raul is also fond of Joa and watches him every chance he gets. When Balta realizes there’s a mutual attraction between newcomer Raul and his lover, he’s determined to get the three of them together.
Amorzinhos, A Roughstock Story takes up shortly after where the Arcana Doce left off. This 23K short can easily be read as a stand-alone, but if you want to see how Balta and Joa got together, check out the aforementioned Doce.
As would be expected from a story where the characters are bull riders, Amorzinhas starts off with a 92.5 point ride, or at least the memory of one. It rapidly changes into a bit of quick loving when Balta goes looking for Joa. I guess that leads to what I see as the first problem with this story…the sex. It’s sizzling hot, intense and passionate but it takes over the book, leaving little room for character backgrounds or plot development.
Even when Raul is added to the mix, the sex still overshadows the relationships and as interesting as I found this newcomer, I never felt I knew enough about him…or what made him tick. It was obvious he was crazy about Joa and the two got along well as friends and competitive riders, but I never got a good handle on their personal relationship. He was kind, caring and easy to get along with and seems a much better match to Joa than to Balta.
Then there’s Balta himself. I never doubted his love for Joa but I never understood why he thought sharing his lover was the decision to make in order to keep the younger man happy. Even if both he and Joa desired Raul, why take the risk of ruining their relationship? It just wasn’t explained and left me with lots of questions. And lastly…even when Raul was included, it seemed like he was a literal third wheel much of the time…like he wasn’t a real member of the trio. It left me wondering how long the threesome could last once they got back to the circuit and what would happen when they did. I’m hoping for more of a story with the next release in this contemporary cowboy series.
Author: BA Tortuga
Publisher: Torquere Books
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-920-0
Genre: [M/M/M] Contemporary Ménage, Cowboy
Rating: 3 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Mystical Nymph
Partners Balta and Joa still have trouble keeping their hands off each other. Their love is strong and steadfast, but the more dominant Balta knows his lover needs something else, or rather someone else…someone kinder and less powerful to make him happy…a friend. He’s determined to provide his beloved Joa with everything he needs, and if that means adding another man to their bed, then that’s what he’s willing to do.
Raul has recently arrived in the United States from his home country of Brazil and new to the American bull-riding circuit. He’s having trouble with a few of the other riders, doesn’t speak good English and is lonely. He needs help but more importantly, he needs a friend. He’s a kind-hearted man, who also happens to be sizzling hot. Raul is also fond of Joa and watches him every chance he gets. When Balta realizes there’s a mutual attraction between newcomer Raul and his lover, he’s determined to get the three of them together.
Amorzinhos, A Roughstock Story takes up shortly after where the Arcana Doce left off. This 23K short can easily be read as a stand-alone, but if you want to see how Balta and Joa got together, check out the aforementioned Doce.
As would be expected from a story where the characters are bull riders, Amorzinhas starts off with a 92.5 point ride, or at least the memory of one. It rapidly changes into a bit of quick loving when Balta goes looking for Joa. I guess that leads to what I see as the first problem with this story…the sex. It’s sizzling hot, intense and passionate but it takes over the book, leaving little room for character backgrounds or plot development.
Even when Raul is added to the mix, the sex still overshadows the relationships and as interesting as I found this newcomer, I never felt I knew enough about him…or what made him tick. It was obvious he was crazy about Joa and the two got along well as friends and competitive riders, but I never got a good handle on their personal relationship. He was kind, caring and easy to get along with and seems a much better match to Joa than to Balta.
Then there’s Balta himself. I never doubted his love for Joa but I never understood why he thought sharing his lover was the decision to make in order to keep the younger man happy. Even if both he and Joa desired Raul, why take the risk of ruining their relationship? It just wasn’t explained and left me with lots of questions. And lastly…even when Raul was included, it seemed like he was a literal third wheel much of the time…like he wasn’t a real member of the trio. It left me wondering how long the threesome could last once they got back to the circuit and what would happen when they did. I’m hoping for more of a story with the next release in this contemporary cowboy series.
No comments:
Post a Comment