
Title: Child of Joy
Author: Andrew Grey
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-61581-215-8
Genre: {M/M} Fantasy
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
New grad Arthur Kraus isn’t like his fellow college peers. He’s a satyr and he’s come into his maturity. Awakening desires and urges are driving him crazy so in an act of desperation, he takes his roommate to a Bacchanal. But Arthur quickly realizes he doesn’t want something shallow—he wants something lasting and true. So he decides to wait for that right person.
Enter Gaelen, a fey and the last of his kind. He wants Arthur but he’s not one to trust easily. With someone hunting him for his magic, he has little choice but to turn to Arthur. To let the man into his heart is literally a matter of life or death.
Child of Joy is just as rich in details and imagery as the first two books in the Children of Bacchus series. The love scenes are sensual and not overdone. Arthur and Gaelen have strong chemistry between them and I loved watching them come to trust and love each other.
My only issue with this book is the length of some paragraphs. In many places, the dialogue and prose could’ve been broken up a bit more but overall, Child of Joy is well written and a wonderful treat to read.
Author: Andrew Grey
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-61581-215-8
Genre: {M/M} Fantasy
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
New grad Arthur Kraus isn’t like his fellow college peers. He’s a satyr and he’s come into his maturity. Awakening desires and urges are driving him crazy so in an act of desperation, he takes his roommate to a Bacchanal. But Arthur quickly realizes he doesn’t want something shallow—he wants something lasting and true. So he decides to wait for that right person.
Enter Gaelen, a fey and the last of his kind. He wants Arthur but he’s not one to trust easily. With someone hunting him for his magic, he has little choice but to turn to Arthur. To let the man into his heart is literally a matter of life or death.
Child of Joy is just as rich in details and imagery as the first two books in the Children of Bacchus series. The love scenes are sensual and not overdone. Arthur and Gaelen have strong chemistry between them and I loved watching them come to trust and love each other.
My only issue with this book is the length of some paragraphs. In many places, the dialogue and prose could’ve been broken up a bit more but overall, Child of Joy is well written and a wonderful treat to read.
4 comments:
I cannot tell you how much brighter my day is for finding this site!
I came across it by accident, and with the titles I recognize (like this one), I'm finding reviews similar to what I thought of the books.
It makes me a bit giddy, to tell you the truth. All I can think is: these wonderful nymphs have hundreds of reviews! And they like what I like, which means I have hit the motherlode in terms of new reading suggestions. ^_^
I very much look forward to reading what books you all enjoy next!
Hi Shauna!
I'm so thrilled that you found us and enjoy our reviews. We all love what we do, and our reviews are always honest opinions of the books we read. Here's to more goodies for reading! ;)
Vael
Shauna,
I'm glad that finding our little home away from home is fulfilling a reading need. We all strive to write appropriate, well-balanced, fair and informative reviews. Hearing your comments means we must be doing something right. Stop by and visit as often as you can. I think you'll find many reviews of interst.
You might try joining the Literary Nymphs chat group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteraryNymphsChat/. (I hope I got the addy right) If you love M/M, you'll love the special chats on that genre that the list owner hosts from time to time.
Happy reading,
Mystical Nymph
Thank you Shauna for your kind words, it means a lot to us, we are a group of readers who enjoy sharing our thoughts in hopes of helping other readers find books they may like also. Speaking for myself, I like knowing our reviews are being read and lending a hand to your selecting process.
Post a Comment