Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hide Out


Title: Hide Out
Author: Katie Allen
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419927393
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary, Mystery
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Trevor Haas’ father is out for blood and Trevor’s option to run is void. His protection is now squarely on the shoulders of Officer Peter Giordano, and what a nice pair of shoulders he has! Trevor cannot help but hope the officer is gay, but has a feeling it’s just wishful thinking.

Peter takes one look at Trevor and knows this assignment might be his hardest. Taking Trevor to a small town named Honeysuckle seemed to be the perfect solution. When a murder takes place near their hideout, it becomes clear the town isn’t as quiet as Peter hoped. Peter’s expectation for a few quiet months to fix up his new purchase, while keeping Trevor safe, alters when they find themselves knee deep in the who-done-it.

Hide Out is the sequel to Private Dicks. Katie Allen has brought us yet another amazing story. There’s plenty of action, suspense, romance, humor, and sexual tension throughout this fast-paced tale. With just a slight touch of BDSM at play, the erotic scenes are charged and sensual.

I loved this small town. The residents bring their unique differences to the forefront, making the mystery harder to solve. I wasn’t quite sure who the culprit was and was pleasantly surprised that I didn’t guess the right person. Two supporting characters caught my eye, a neighbor named Danny and the town sheriff. If I had to choose, I would hope the sheriff is at least in the running. It didn’t slip my notice that he fully understood the alias Trevor used.

The symbolism of the house wasn’t missed either. The importance of a family, a home, and love stood out for me. Working together on the repairs gave Trevor and Peter the time needed to connect and build on their initial attraction. I wasn’t sure if Ms. Allen would be able to make Hide Out as interesting as Private Dicks, and I’m happy to say she accomplished that task without blinking. This story has secured a spot on my “must read again” list!

No comments: