Friday, September 17, 2010

Deep In The Woods


Title: Deep In The Woods
Author: Annabel Joseph
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419928680
Genre: {M/F}, {M/F/M} BDSM
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Sophie survives an abusive relationship and finally decides to reenter the BDSM scene. At a munch, she meets Dave, a fetish photographer and later ends up going home with him, which turns out to be the start of a long relationship.

Keep ice and tissues on hand as you read Deep InThe Woods. The author takes you on an emotional rollercoaster in this book. She captures both Sophie’s and Dave’s emotions and fears very realistically. The terror that Sophie has from her nightmares will take us back to childhood and our own nightmares and the feelings we had.

The relationship between the two is very dynamic and reminds us of the daily relationships we have with our loved ones. The main reason for Sophie’s nightmares caught me by surprise, as I would never have guessed this. The story could be any one of yours.

There is one ménage scene in this story when Sophie and Dave are joined by his best friend. This does nothing to detract from the story and in some ways helps with the resolution of the story, but makes me want to know more about Ryan. Though some of the storyline made me a little uncomfortable, I will be reading this one again.

1 comment:

Annabel Joseph said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review of my book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, I wanted to let you know that Dave's friend Ryan from the menage is the hero of my next book, Fortune, which will be out at Ellora's Cave October 22nd. I hope you'll check it out! It was really fun to tell his story too.