Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Afterlife








Title: Afterlife
Author: Joey W. Hill
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419930959
Genre: {F/F}, {M/F/M/M/M} {M/F}, Ménage + more, BDSM,
Rating: Golden Blush Award
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Rachel feels unloved, ugly and has walled her true self inside since her divorce and the death of her son. Jon has been watching and waiting for the right time to make her his.

Wow! The author keeps you on a roller coaster of emotions and sexual heat that factor into Afterlife. My heart kept pounding as Jon made Rachel face her fears because I could identify with a lot of what she was going through. I felt in a lot of ways I was Rachel waiting for someone to really understand her. Jon had so much patience even though sometimes he got very frustrated with Rachel.

The men from Kensington & Associates support each other and go out of their way to help Jon in his quest to make Rachel understand he is there for the long haul, despite their age difference. In the fourth book of the Knights of the Board Room series, the men enlist their wives to help Jon try to break through Rachel’s walls. The incident with her ex brings things to a head and I felt that the author had a wonderful grasp of what it took to make Rachel finally face the fact that she was a beautiful and lovable woman.

Afterlife is also somewhat of a textbook in learning some of the basics within BDSM, though this was more about the submissive/slave side of serving a Master. Ms. Hill did a wonderful job weaving the elements together in the story. The secondary characters were an intricate part and I can’t wait for Ben’s story. This book can be read alone, though you will get the most enjoyment reading the first three in order. Be aware that books two and three are in print. I, for one, will be reading this series again.

2 comments:

Joey W. Hill said...

Amazon Nymph, thank you so much for the Recommended Read!! I'm delighted you loved the book, and hope I'll have Ben's story for you in the near future. I intend to write that one sometime in 2011. That is, as soon as I get my head out of the clouds from this review (laughter). Thanks again!

Amazon Nymph said...

You're welcome. I have really enjoyed the series so far.
AN