Author: R. J. Scott
Publisher: Silver PublishingPublisher URL: spsilverpublishing.com
ISBN: 9781614954125
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary Series
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Dragon Minx
After returning home from his latest SEAL mission, Joseph Kinnon, learns that his step-sister, Elisabeth, was killed. The news of her death is devastating and he’s determined to learn all he can about what happened and why.
Dale MacIntyre and others working for Sanctuary are trying to find proof that the rich, powerful and politically connected Bullen family was involved in Elisabeth Costain’s murder. He’s trying to guide an informant through the process of gathering information to help their case, without getting caught. He doesn’t want or need the interference of a gun-doting brother bent on revenge. What Dale doesn’t expect is a man who pushes all of his buttons or an attraction he can’t deny.
The Only Easy Day is the second release in the Sanctuary series by R.J. Scott. It starts shortly after Guarding Morgan left off and because of the continuing storyline, the books should be read in order.
I like Joseph. He’s an interesting guy, who’s strong-willed, dynamic, protective and more than a little dangerous. I can relate to why he feels the need to find out what happened to his step-sister. It’s a natural reaction and nicely expressed. What I don’t understand is the opening of the story. There are pages dealing with Joseph’s last mission that don’t have anything to do with the plot, aside from mentioning a few of his team mates. Yes, there is lots of action and danger but it made the beginning drag, and I kept asking myself what it had to do with the blurb (what I was expecting to read).
Dale’s a hard guy to like and it’s because of his snarky attitude…it’s annoying. He’s skilled and does his job well but I don’t get why Joseph is attracted to him. Truthfully, I don’t see their relationship. There’s only a little physical contact between them…and yes, it’s hot…but for these two, as written, I don’t see undying love and commitment.

No comments:
Post a Comment