Author:
Jez Morrow
Publisher:
Torquere Books
Publisher’s
URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61040-681-9
Genre:
{M/M}, Paranormal, Mystery
Rating:
3.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
John
Hamdon is having the day from hell.
While rushing to his girlfriend’s with hopes of preventing her from committing
suicide, the detective runs over a wolf and is then rear-ended. When John gets out to check on the wolf, he
is surprised to find a gorgeous naked man under his car, and even more shocked
when the man turns back into a wolf.
Chasing Shadows by Jez Morrow puts a new spin on
the usual shape-shifter tale. Unfortunately
I did not like the first half of the story.
For me, the first half came across in small snippets, making it hard for
me to form a connection to the characters.
At times, I even wondered if I
had missed something and found myself going back to check on what I had already
read. I also had a hard time feeling any
connection between the characters themselves.
It was not until the second half of the book that I started to enjoy
it.
In
the second half of the story, the author goes into more detail regarding
shape-shifters and I liked the way the author switched up the classic werewolf
story and gave them a whole new reason for being. Like John, I too had begun to wonder just
what Bast’s story was. The mystery of
the shadows and how they play into the story line was very interesting as well,
and I was surprised by more than one twist the author threw in. I thought the author did a neat job of
wrapping up the story line and only wished the whole book could have been as
good as the second half.

No comments:
Post a Comment