Title: Hunter’s Season
Author: Thea Harrison
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher
URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61921-311-1
Genre: {M/F}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
Xanthe
just got back from her latest assignment, knowing her cover has been
compromised and knowing she can’t work undercover again. While guarding the Queen, she ends up
protecting Aubrey after an assassination attempt.
Hunter’s
Season
is the latest addition in the Elder Races
series. I felt there wasn’t really as
much suspense to the story as there have been in past stories. There was a little more information about the
Dark Fae and this story takes place in the other plane, not Earth.
The
relationship and chemistry between Xanthe and Aubrey was interesting, as well
as hot. I liked the way the author
contrasted some of Xanthe’s characteristics between her personal and
professional lives. Aubrey had been
dealt a big blow and doesn’t trust anyone, except maybe the Queen and her
consort. Between the two, quite a few
conflicts arise, especially since Xanthe is very conscious of her station as a
commoner, compared to Aubrey’s as Chancellor to the Queen.
There
was a small subplot that has been woven throughout some of the series regarding
Tarot cards. I enjoyed the way that
situation was resolved. In addition, I
had to laugh at Aubrey and how determined he was about keeping Xanthe in his
life permanently.
I
am looking forward to more stories about the Elder Races.

No comments:
Post a Comment