Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Under Pressure


Title:  Under Pressure
Author:  Laurie Roma
Publisher:  Siren Bookstrand Publishing
ISBN/BIN:    978-1-62241-578-6
Genre:  {M/F}, Romantic Suspense, Series
Rating:   5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Bella returns to Chicago to pick up the pieces of her life after nearly dying at the hands of a stalker.  Jason runs into Bella at a fund-raiser and really likes her feisty spirit.  What happens when Bella’s brothers and Jason go head-to-head when they realize she and Jason are together means lots of conflict and yelling.

The first book of the IAD Agency series is full of suspense, hot chemistry and humor.  Under Pressure examines a very serious alpha male in full alpha mode, as Jason understands the threat to Bella.  The sparks fly when Bella and Jason are together and not just in the bedroom.  I had to laugh out loud when Bella dug in her feet about Jason keeping her informed when the threat returns.

All the secondary characters, from Bella’s friends to Jason’s co-workers/friends, were funny especially since the men let their alpha personalities show.  Bella’s threats when she was cooking were so funny.  I loved the way the author wove these characters into the story and I could see where some pairings might show up future stories.  I was a little surprised about the ending, especially in light of some earlier remarks in the story.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in the IAD Agency series, and I know we will be seeing all these friends in future books.  Under Pressure is one story that I will be reading again.

1 comment:

Laurie Roma said...

Thank you for the great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed my story! Happy holidays everyone!