Title: One
True Thing
Authors: Piper Vaughn
and M.J. O’Shea
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62380-046-8
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
When a handsome
stranger keeps Dusty from a fall, he’s smitten but doesn’t get the guys’ name
before he disappears into the crowd. Dusty searches for him for weeks and when
they finally meet, his rescuer acts like they’ve never meet. It’s strange but Dusty
agrees to a date with Archer anyway. He isn’t always happy with Archer; while at
other times he is which is confusing. Then the shock comes—Dusty meets Archer’s
identical twin Asher—who’s really his savior, which explains his conflicted
feelings. He’s dating the wrong twin.
Asher loves
photography but hates his job in the porn industry. Asher wants a boyfriend but the guy he’s
interested in is the cutie he kept from taking a tumble and he can’t find him.
Then Asher learns his brother’s dating the guy he wants and it almost rips out his
heart. But when Archer leaves Dusty in a leather bar and he calls for help, Asher
gets the chance with the man he’s crazy about. It’s not long before he and
Dusty are involved and falling in love, but Archer isn’t done messing with his
life and this time, Asher could end up in jail.
One True Thing is the second release in the One Thing series by the writing duo of Piper Vaughn and MJ O’Shea. It’s
possible to read it as a standalone but I recommend they be read in order.
Dusty was a great
secondary character in the first release, so I was thrilled to learn he was the
focus of this newest one. He’s an interesting guy—fun, loyal, hard-working,
dependable and loving. Dusty’s personality was pretty well rounded before but
now it’s fully developed and I like him even more. Two things I like about him most
are he has hope and keeps trying no matter what. I got caught up in his story
at the beginning and just kept reading.
Asher’s also a
wonderful character and so different from his twin, which on the surface might
seem odd but in reality is all too possible. Unlike his sibling, Asher’s the
perfect kind of guy for Dusty—reliable, kind, and loving. They made a great
couple and I was happy when Dusty realized the difference and got together with
him. The development of their relationship is believable, and progressed at a
reasonable pace. The scene where Dusty found out about Asher’s porn job could
have been a trite scream-fest but instead the author quickly turned it around
into a realistic and adult reaction which I liked. Good going to both authors.
So, if you like
reading well paced and plotted books with great characters you can care about,
I suggest you give this entertaining release a try. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment