Title: Soul
Magic
Author: Poppy Dennison
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62380-580-7
Genre: {M/M}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Since the High Moon
Pack was attacked, Cormac’s need for blood has almost been out of control. Worried
he’s become a danger to his loved ones, he’s chosen to stay away from his
family to keep them safe. When Cormac’s bloodlust endangers an innocent
bystander, Liam, the pack beta, volunteers to feed him. It sates Cormac’s need and
brings him and Liam together in unexpected ways.
The High Moon Pack remains
under assault and Simon and Gray don’t know why. A person with three kinds of
magic is out to destroy them and to fight such power, they need help—even if
it’s from the Council of Mages and Weres. Cormac’s struggling with the
knowledge that his past is hurting his family. It causes Simon to be thrust
into trying to defeat their enemy using the power of the triad and if he’s
unsuccessful, he could end up dead.
Soul Magic is the last release in Poppy Dennison’s Triad series and because of the ongoing
storyline, the books must be read in order.
I’ve been anxiously
waiting for this book since I finished Body
Magic but when I got my hands on it, I was sad that this amazing trilogy
had come to a close. So, before I go any farther, let me just say that I
enjoyed not only Soul Magic but the
entire series for a variety of reasons. The world building is complex with
vivid details, there’s great personality development, couple relationships are
strong and the storyline just got better from one book to the next. I can’t
forget the wonderful secondary characters either. They play important roles
throughout and in this release Liam and Cormac move forward into the primary
romance position.
I like Liam and Cormac
and they make a good couple but with everything going on while trying to defeat
the bad guy, their romance doesn’t take center stage, which is a shame. It’s my
only real complaint, but there’s enough time allowed to understand how they
feel for each other—it still works, even if their relationship isn’t fully
developed. There are plenty of twists and danger to keep you surprised as the
story races to the end. And best of all Ms. Dennison manages to nicely wrap up
all the plot threads. Take it from me, read this entertaining series. You won’t
be sorry.

No comments:
Post a Comment