Title:
My Boyfriend’s an
Alien
Author:
L. M. Brown
Publisher:
Totally Bound
Publishers
URL: https://www.totallybound.com
ISBN/BIN:
9781781849309
Genre:
{M/M}, Futuristic, Science Fiction
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Zak
is ready for his next transformation and can’t help wondering what it will be this
time. He also can’t help wondering how
many more times he will be shifting.
When Zak becomes a human, he does not expect it to be as life-altering
as it is.
My Boyfriend’s an Alien is the newest book by author L.M.
Brown. As the title suggests, this is a
science fiction story that I am sure has a little something for everyone. Zak is an alien whose race transforms into
the shape of other species in order to learn about those around them. They have no say in what they become until
after they finish puberty. When Zak
becomes human, he is shocked and his reaction is that of a typical teenager,
although his alien self is far older.
When he is sent to Earth, he is in for even more of a shock since
nothing is like he was expecting.
I
loved how Zak’s behavior mirrors that of the teenager that he now is. Every action, from the way he is with his
“foster parents”, to how he acts about school, is so typical that I had to
laugh, especially since he reminded me of my nephew at times. Then there are the feelings he doesn’t
understand. I found myself laughing out
loud when his foster father tried to explain what an erection was and how to
handle it, especially because of the misunderstanding that followed.
Sam,
a human college student, is intrigued by the new student in his class. Sam’s shy, however, and unsure about approaching
Zak. As they become friends there are
numerous misunderstandings, some of which are funny and others not so
much. Through it all is the secret that
seems to surround Sam. To be honest, I
was not sure what to expect regarding Sam’s secret, but when it was revealed I
almost cried. The way that Zak steps up
to help Sam and also comes clean about how he feels for the other boy was very
well done.

No comments:
Post a Comment