Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Saddles and Memories

Author: Bailey Bradford
Publisher: Totally Bound
ISBN/BIN: 9781781848111
Genre: {M/M}, Western, BDSM, Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Salt isn’t sure if he wanted a relationship but he did want Drake.  Only the little man was already taken, leaving Salt licking his wounds.  When he meets Andy, he is drawn to the man like no one else before.  The attraction is mutual, but neither man has any idea what to do about it. 

Saddles and Memories is the third story in Ms. Bradford’s, Mossy Glenn Ranch, series.  This is Salt’s story, whom readers will remember from the previous stories.  I have to admit that I was not a fan of Salt in the last story.  I thought he was a bit of a prick with Drake and came close to stepping over the line at times.  In this story, we really get to know the character, however, and it made me change my opinion about him.  I easily grew to like him and wanted things to work out with Andy.

Andy is the other main character in this story and he instantly pulled me in.  I liked the way he showed Salt he is interested in him.  These two waste no time coming together and with their intense chemistry, they really heat up the pages.  The men wonder about the direction of their relationship which I found lent a realistic feeling to the story, given the men’s histories and current circumstances. 

There are a variety of secondary characters in Saddles and Memories and of course, previous characters show up to give their advice when they see Andy and Salt struggling.  Some of the new characters are not so nice and I really disliked Andy’s brother. 

The Mossy Glenn Ranch series is one that, while they could be read as stand-alone stories, should really be read in order. 

No comments: