Title: Finding
Peace
Author: T. A. Chase
Publisher: Amber Quill
Press
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61124-575-2
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Series
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Chad Mitchell’s life
is out of control. Suffering from PTSD from his deployment in Afghanistan and
his long-term use of alcohol, he can barely function. He’s been working at
Cookie’s Diner but even that job has become more than he can cope with.
After recovering from
his war injuries and beating his own addiction, Sergeant Zane Smithson is
checking up on the men he served with in Afghanistan . When he gets to the
diner, he discovers Chad
has gone missing and sets out to find him. He’s been attracted to the younger
man since they served together and now that they have a chance at being a
couple, he’s determined to do whatever is necessary to help him overcome the
demons destroying Chad’s life.
Finding Peace is the second release in Nowhere Diner series by TA Chase. This story takes up shortly after
the first book ends, so I recommend they be read in order.
Finally. It’s been
nearly five years. I was beginning to despair Chad ’s story would ever be told, so
I was pleased to learn that Finding
Peace was being published. After
being introduced to this wounded man in the previous release I was curious as
to his story—what, in his past, had formed him into the present man. The
personal history the author created is painful but rich in details and is believable,
whether it’s events from his childhood or military service. I got caught up in
his story and what dealing with it—or maybe I should say not dealing with
it—had done to him and his life. Nearly destroyed it.
I enjoyed Zane just as
much and appreciated that his past is just as varied—and injured as Chad ’s. He’d
just chosen to deal with it differently. That’s what’s so compelling about this
tale. It shows how people deal with pain and tragedy differently and it sets
them on paths of healing or destruction.

No comments:
Post a Comment