Title: Coaxing
His Skittish Lynx
Author: Charlie
Richards
Publisher: eXtasy
Books
Publisher URL: www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-77111-926-9
Genre: {M/M}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Tobias has waited decades
for his mate and is shocked Ro land
denies their bond. When he learns why, he declares it unimportant and sets out
to prove his devotion. Soon danger from Ro land’s
past returns and Tobias must protect him. Can he convince his wounded mate that
they can make a life together and overcome any obstacle, if they do it
together?
Coaxing His Skittish Lynx is the newest release in Charlie Richards’ series, A Paranormal’s Love. This one starts immediately after the last
left off, so the books should be read in order.
This is the first time
I’ve read a book where one of a mate-bond pair has Ro land’s
problems. It’s a good premise and I applaud Ms. Richards for tackling the
issue, even if I wish it had been dealt with more deeply. Ro land’s
personality is pretty well crafted—he’s quiet, reserved and jumpy. I like this
wounded man and while Tobias is what he needs in a mate, he’s also overbearing,
bossy and highhanded. I appreciate that Tobias knew Ro land
needed to take a relationship slow but once it moved in that direction, it was
full-steam ahead. For this particular
book, because of Ro land’s issues and
history, I could have done with less sex.
My overall
impressions: The intriguing premise drew me to the story, the imagery is vivid,
the pacing smooth, and I enjoyed how Ms. Richards wove in all the previous
characters.
My niggles: I was disappointed
we missed the details of Ro land’s
actual rescue and wish it had been included. After having the problem for so
many years, the issue that caused Ro land’s
mate-bond problem is resolved very quickly. The poor security on the clutch
grounds. I never noticed it being an issue in the previous books and suddenly
it is…what gives?
Even so, that doesn’t
mean I didn’t enjoy the story or don’t intend to read the next one…because I
do. According to Ms. Richards’ website, it looks like the next one might be
about a wolf shifter and a human. I like the sound of that. Look for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment