Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Son

Title: Summer Son
Author: Anna Martin
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
ISBN/BIN: 9781627987295
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Ellis had it all, a great job, a loving husband, and a new baby.  Then one day his dream life falls apart and Ellis wonders if he’ll ever be happy again.  Zane is a struggling artist with a secret.  The last thing he should be interested in is starting something with Ellis, but Zane just can’t stay away from the handsome man or his sweet baby.

Summer Son is a well written story by author Anna Martin.  While she is a new author for me, this will not be the last of her stories I read.  From the beginning, I was pulled into Ellis’ story.  It’s easy to understand his need to show everyone he is capable of taking care of baby Harrison on his own, so readers won’t be surprised that his personal life has fallen by the wayside.  I like that his introduction to Zane goes smoothly and the instant attraction between them really heats up the pages.  Rather than pussy footing around regarding any kind of a relationship, the two men become exclusive immediately. 

While things between Ellis and Zane are running smoothly, they face a lot of interference from outside forces.  Although I was shocked by the actions of Ellis’ ex, I should not have been.  The man really is a giant prick and his actions at one point are over the top.  As for Zane, his past is just as intrusive.  I wondered how this part of the story would play out, and loved Zane’s response to the police when they ask for an alibi. 

I really loved how the author wraps this story up and would have no problems recommending Summer Son to anyone who loves the M/M genre.  I will be looking for more from this author and plan on putting her on my must read list. 

No comments: