Title: Family
of Lies: Sebastian
Author: Sam Argent
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-63216-681-4
Genre: {M/M} Fantasy
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Sebastian Orwell
doesn’t want to have anything to do with wounded Crown Prince Turren, who he
finds in the woods. So to keep from getting involved, he uses his magical ability
to heal him as much as possible and leaves him in the safety of a city tavern. The
prince won’t let the good deed go, leaving Sebastian to deal with unwanted affection
and assassination attempts that won’t stop.
Sebastian and his
father have an odd relationship but that doesn’t mean Sebastian wants him to
get in trouble unnecessarily. Finding the truth is difficult when he can’t get
rid of a love-addled prince, who won’t take no for an answer. With assassins trying
to kill Turren, it’s an added job to keep the prince alive. Making the
situation worse is keeping the secret that he has magical ability—as well the
reason behind why he wears a hood and never shows his face.
Family of Lies: Sebastian is the first release by Sam Argent as far as I can
discover. Let me say right off that I enjoyed this book. While it’s not a
roller coaster ride, the pace is even and I didn’t find that it had any place
where it dragged. Overall, I found it fun, engaging and the world building is
creative and filled with interesting details that brought the plot to life.
Yes, it’s long but
that’s okay with me because there’s so much that I liked. It’s filled with adventure,
action, betrayal, miscommunication and fun, snappy dialogue that made me smile.
I loved all the magic and spells and that Sebastian’s family is filled with so
many unique but difficult individuals. Then there’s Turren. He’s a quirky guy,
who knows what he wants—snarky Sebastian—and he refuses to give up on his quest
for true love. And all this happens in the middle of lies, assassination
attempts and family intrigue mixed with some seriously dangerous villains. I
really want a sequel to this well crafted story, so take the hint Ms. Argent
and start writing.

No comments:
Post a Comment