Title:
Two
Pet Dicks
Author:
John Inman
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publishers
URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
9781634767910
Genre:
{M/M}, Mystery
Rating:
5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Maitland
Carter and Lenny Fritz have been friends since they were young boys. They have gone through everything together,
including discovering that they are gay.
While they have always been tight as friends, in between boyfriends, their
relationship turned to one with benefits.
Now their relationship is changing once again and Maitland and Lenny are
a little nervous. Will this make them
even stronger or will it doom their friendship?
Two Pet Dicks is the newest book by
author John Inman. The characters in
this book are lifelong friends who have done everything together. Working as pet detectives, the two men have
been kicked out of Lenny’s dad’s basement and are finally opening an
office. Before they know it, they have
cases coming out of their ears. There is
a lizard stealing ex, a runaway foul mouthed bird, an escaped gerbil, and
finally a lost puppy. Two of these cases
are “normal” but leave you wondering just how the heck Mait and Lenny will
solve them. One is more than what the
men signed on for and the other has a twist that readers will not see
coming.
With
everything going on, Mait and Lenny are surprised to realize that they have
feelings for each other that go beyond friends.
Their friendship is both a blessing and a curse. They’re excited and scared about taking the
next step and the author brings everything they are feeling across in a way
that is realistic. The chemistry between
them is also believable and I loved that the way they care for each other comes
across so well.
The
mystery in Two Pet Dicks will hold
your interest just as much as the romance.
Although Lenny comes across as not too bright at times, he figures out
what is going on first and, if you pay attention to the clues, you will figure
it out at the same time. All though this
is a mystery, it is not dark and will have you laughing. More than once I found myself laughing out loud,
and when Ed shows up things go even crazier.
This was a great story, but I must confess I am a big fan of this
author. I love the way he mixes humor
into his stories. I also love that the
characters are likeable and easy to relate to and that the stories pull you in
from the beginning.
If
you have not yet tried anything by this author, I strongly suggest you do so
and Two Pet Dicks is a great place
to start.

No comments:
Post a Comment