Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Enemy of My Enemy

Author:  Tal Bauer
Publisher: Nine Star Press
Publisher URL: http://ninestarpress.com
ISBN: 978-1-911153-96-2
Genre: {M/M}, Political Thriller, Series
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Jack and Ethan are back, and so is their most hated enemy.  The men must pull in all their chips to find out what is going on, and even then, it may not be enough.

Enemy of My Enemy is the second book in the Executive Office series by author Tal Bauer.  This is a series that must be read in order, so if you have not read Enemies of the State, you may want to stop reading this review to keep from seeing any spoilers.  

Enemy of My Enemy starts where Enemies of the State ended, with Ethan agreeing to move into the White House, becoming the First Gentleman.  He also agrees to go to work for Irwin, heading an off the books black-ops mission.  As you can imagine, many in the White House circle are not happy and soon Jack finds himself looking for a new Vice-President.  It was interesting seeing how these two strong men worked to make this new change in their relationship work.   But soon their relationship has more rough turns than either expected. 

When Madigan returns, he sets into motion a plot that will have the readers wondering just what the hell is going on and whether Jack and Ethan will ever be able to stop him.  In Enemy of My Enemy, Madigan’s crazy really shines through.  The things this nut job does, and the plans he has, is just one of the many parts of this story that will keep the readers turning the pages.  There are other twists in this book that will grab the reader’s attention as well.  More than once I was worried how things would turn out.

Many of the characters we met in the first book, besides Madigan, Jack, and Ethan, show up in this story as well.  Puchkov’s life takes an interesting turn and so does Lt. Cooper’s.  I can’t wait for both their stories. 

While I enjoy the romantic aspect of this series, for me, it is the political thriller area where the author really shines.  I love the way the author has of pulling the readers in, and keeping the story fresh.  The only real problem I have found, would be that it is very easy to reveal spoilers while talking about this book.  I think everyone will be surprised by the way Enemy of My Enemy plays out, and I hope book three is just around the corner because I really need to know what happens.

No comments: