Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dark Elves IV: Dissent


Book Title: Dark Elves IV: Dissent
Author: Jet Mykles
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.net/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-298-1
Genre: Paranormal/ BDSM
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx


Marisol, “Sol” to her friends, has just come to terms with the fact that while her husband may not be perfect, he is able to take care of her. Her world takes a turn for the worse when she discovers her brother Geriman has killed her husband. There is no choice but to run. And after months of staying one step ahead of those likely to hang them, the siblings must travel through the Dark Forest to escape with their lives. They are soon captured by rogue raedjours and the punishment they exact is more than most humans can endure.

Jarak and his men find items that clearly point to the abduction of humans. They can only hope they are not too late to save the lives of those who have fallen into the rogues grasp.

Jet Mykles has delivered yet another fantastic adventure with Dark Elves IV: Dissent. Sol is willful, beautiful and sinfully sumptuous. She loves her brother dearly, and knows he is her last living relative. A relationship she will fight to save at all costs. I wish Geriman felt the same way. His bad decisions have led them to flee through an unsafe territory. While I felt sorry for the pain inflicted on him, it was hard to completely feel regret for the hand he was dealt. Then we come to Jarak. I’ve loved him from the first book. Now he has matured and his kind heart is ever present. Watching Jarak put Sol’s needs above his own shows what a truemate is willing to do for the one he loves. The story is filled with action, and dare I say romance. The sex is hot enough to melt butter, but I’ve come to expect that from Jet. This is a wonderful addition to the Dark Elves series, and one that fans will find hard to put down. Excellent book Jet, I’m waiting for the next episode!

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Bondage, domination/submission, male/male sexual practices, and dubious consent.

No comments: