Sunday, August 24, 2008

When I Dream Of You


Book Title: When I Dream Of You
Author: Mychael Black & Shayne Carmichael
Publisher: Phaze
Publisher URL: http://www.phaze.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59426-837-3
Genre: Contemporary M/M Erotic Romance
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Woodland Nymph

At the young age of twenty two, Daniel Scott has had to deal with more pain and suffering than most see in a lifetime. He lives at home with an abusive father and works in an attorney’s office doing research for his father as well. While out one night, Dan is attacked by a couple of guys and receives help from a kind man named Karl.

Karl Johnson used to be a professional body builder and has several trophies to prove it and is now part owner of a gym. After helping Daniel in chasing off his attackers, he takes him back to his place where he can tend and nurse his wounds. They quickly find they enjoy each other’s company and are strongly attracted to each other. Yet when Karl suggests that Daniel move in with him, Daniel worries Karl will come to regret his decision.

Even though When I Dream Of You is a short story it’s still an emotional and very romantic one. Mychael Black and Shayne Carmichael have again created some extraordinary and likable characters that are easy to understand and relate to. The writing duo has also created a fun, sausage loving character named Cin, who almost steals every scene she’s in! The topic of Daniel’s relationship with an abusive father is well written and treated seriously. My only complaint is the short length of the story and would have liked to read more about Daniel and Karl’s future. I highly recommend When I Dream Of You to all fans of the m/m genre and as a must read for fans of the authors.

3 comments:

Woodland Nymph said...

You're welcome! I tried not to give the whole story away in my review...but I couldn't resist giving a nod to Cin! :D

Liz said...

*chuckles* I loved writing Cin. She's fashioned after the Jack Russell my mom and stepmom have.

Woodland Nymph said...

Cool! I've always loved Jack Russells...they're cute and irresistible! :)