
Book Title: Taste Test: A Day at the Beach
Author: Addison Albright, Ava Matthews and Zoe Nichols
Publisher: Torquere Books
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-426-7
Genre: Gay Anthology
Nymph Rating: 3 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Caen Nymph
Nevermore by Addison Albright * 2.5 Nymphs
Ted is a teacher with an ex-wife and two kids. But at night he’s Raven; free from obligation and parenthood, he goes out to party as a gay man. Caesar has been trying to get Ted’s number for awhile but the man keeps brushing him off. Will Caesar finally get his chance to be with Ted? Nevermore is a sweet story, I loved how the author described Ted and his alter ego, Raven. The image she portrayed was very hot. The premise of the story was there, but I felt it needed a bigger scale to actually work on. Overall it was a decent story, but I felt there was too much missing for me to fully enjoy the tale.
Chasing Sand by Ava Matthews * 3 Nymphs
Adam is on holiday with his brother’s family. The kids are driving him mad, so he heads out where he meets a very hot Matt. Chasing Sand really delivered the theme of the anthology without using tired over-used clichés. Adam is a cute character but if the author didn’t mention that he was twenty-seven, I would have had him pegged as a nineteen year old. Not to be mistaken, Adam just seemed like a younger character. Matt was also adorable, more shy and reserved; he was a total opposite to Adam. The story was very nicely written and I enjoyed it immensely.
Surf’s Up by Zoe Nichols * 3 Nymphs
Shane loves the beach, and loves to surf. But when an accident stops him from surfing, he still comes to the beach to remember his fondest days. But when he meets Lucas, he might find another reason to love the beach. Surf’s Up started off really well, I really got into Shane’s head and found myself wanting to know more about him. When Lucas came into the picture, it was beyond hot. However despite the sex being smoking, I was a little uncomfortable when Lucas kept calling Shane ‘daddy’. Despite that, I really enjoyed myself.
Overall Taste Tests: A Day at the Beach is an entertaining anthology. I found the last two stories held the theme of the anthology much better than the first one. This anthology is the perfect read for a hot summer’s day. But it also did the job for a cold winter night.
Nevermore by Addison Albright * 2.5 Nymphs
Ted is a teacher with an ex-wife and two kids. But at night he’s Raven; free from obligation and parenthood, he goes out to party as a gay man. Caesar has been trying to get Ted’s number for awhile but the man keeps brushing him off. Will Caesar finally get his chance to be with Ted? Nevermore is a sweet story, I loved how the author described Ted and his alter ego, Raven. The image she portrayed was very hot. The premise of the story was there, but I felt it needed a bigger scale to actually work on. Overall it was a decent story, but I felt there was too much missing for me to fully enjoy the tale.
Chasing Sand by Ava Matthews * 3 Nymphs
Adam is on holiday with his brother’s family. The kids are driving him mad, so he heads out where he meets a very hot Matt. Chasing Sand really delivered the theme of the anthology without using tired over-used clichés. Adam is a cute character but if the author didn’t mention that he was twenty-seven, I would have had him pegged as a nineteen year old. Not to be mistaken, Adam just seemed like a younger character. Matt was also adorable, more shy and reserved; he was a total opposite to Adam. The story was very nicely written and I enjoyed it immensely.
Surf’s Up by Zoe Nichols * 3 Nymphs
Shane loves the beach, and loves to surf. But when an accident stops him from surfing, he still comes to the beach to remember his fondest days. But when he meets Lucas, he might find another reason to love the beach. Surf’s Up started off really well, I really got into Shane’s head and found myself wanting to know more about him. When Lucas came into the picture, it was beyond hot. However despite the sex being smoking, I was a little uncomfortable when Lucas kept calling Shane ‘daddy’. Despite that, I really enjoyed myself.
Overall Taste Tests: A Day at the Beach is an entertaining anthology. I found the last two stories held the theme of the anthology much better than the first one. This anthology is the perfect read for a hot summer’s day. But it also did the job for a cold winter night.
2 comments:
Thank you, Caen, for taking the time to read and review our antholgy. :)
You're welcome Ms. Albright. I wish you all the best on future releases.
Post a Comment