Monday, August 3, 2009

The Firm 2: Vixen


Title: The Firm 2: Vixen
Author: Tuesday Morrigan
Publisher: Changeling Press
Publisher URL: http://www.changelingpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60521-147-3
Genre: Paranormal, Shapeshifter {M/F}
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph


Detective Tahlia Roberts meets Killian in a bar one night and is immediately drawn to him. Each time she is with Killian, Tahlia feels safe and comfortable. Unfortunately, meeting him while undercover has caused some problems in paradise. There’s a murderer on the loose, and until he has been caught, Tahlia has to keep some secrets from the man she is falling head over heels in love with.

Killian Lionheart knows he’s next in line to get married and he tries everything he can to avoid it. If giving up sex is the only way to keep Killian from ending up mated, like his brothers, then so be it. Then one night Killian meets the sexiest woman he’s ever seen and realizes it will be impossible to walk away from her. Even the fact that he feels she is lying to him doesn’t dampen his desire for Tahlia.

Tahlia and Killian can’t seem to keep their minds or their hands off each other. This couple heats up the pages instantly and they fit together like a hand and a glove. There were moments where Killian was completely tuned into Tahlia’s needs and feelings and those moments touched me the most. When Tahlia shows up on Killian’s doorstep, I was almost speechless but in a good way. I loved the way she went to him for comfort and the fact that he was there for her. As much as I enjoyed the couple’s love story, I am still on the fence about how easily Tahlia accepted the fact that Killian was a lion shifter. I was expecting Tahlia to be more shocked than she actually was. Also, I still have many unanswered questions about the killer that Tuesday Morrigan didn’t tackle. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a follow up story. If you love the Lionheart family like I do and are dying to see another suave shifter meet his perfect match, then The Firm 2: Vixen has to go on your list of must reads.

No comments: