
Title: Ringo’s Ride
Author: Regina Carlysle
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419923630
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph
Rayne’s day is quickly going downhill. She discovers that the one shifter she’s been pining for is her mate. Unfortunately, Ringo isn’t happy about the situation and he is less than kind when he makes his feelings known. Next, Rayne is kidnapped and the only man who can save her is the one who refuses to claim her. Making Ringo want her in his bed is easy, but making him want her in his life is the true challenge facing Rayne.
Issues that surround his family haunt Ringo every day of his life. A fine woman like Rayne deserved more than Ringo thinks he can give. Staying away from her had been difficult up until this point but when fate steps in and makes Rayne his mate, things go from difficult to torture in the blink of an eye. Rejecting her is killing Ringo, but it’s the only way to keep her safe. Hopefully, Rayne doesn’t lose trust in him when some unexpected truths are revealed.
On first impressions I equated Ringo to a bad massage because he rubbed me the wrong way. I thought he was a sex-driven jerk who only cared about himself when he was first introduced in Lone Star Lycan, which was the second book in the High Plains Shifter series. Boy, oh boy was I wrong! In all honesty, he probably cared the least about himself. Sure, he seemed cold and disconnected at times, but it was all an act to protect Rayne from danger. Some of the danger was real, and some of it was only in Ringo’s mind. This lonely lycan has valid reasons for questioning his worthiness, and I am tickled pink he was able to move on with his woman by his side. Honestly, the way they both yearned for one another, it was only a matter of time before they mated. The scene with Ringo watching Rayne from the bushes touched me in ways I hadn’t expected. Ringo’s Ride has the right amount of heart-felt moments, heat, and suspense. Regina Carlysle really tapped into something special when she created these lovable lycans. I will never grow tired of reading about their experiences and I don’t think readers will, either.
Author: Regina Carlysle
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419923630
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph
Rayne’s day is quickly going downhill. She discovers that the one shifter she’s been pining for is her mate. Unfortunately, Ringo isn’t happy about the situation and he is less than kind when he makes his feelings known. Next, Rayne is kidnapped and the only man who can save her is the one who refuses to claim her. Making Ringo want her in his bed is easy, but making him want her in his life is the true challenge facing Rayne.
Issues that surround his family haunt Ringo every day of his life. A fine woman like Rayne deserved more than Ringo thinks he can give. Staying away from her had been difficult up until this point but when fate steps in and makes Rayne his mate, things go from difficult to torture in the blink of an eye. Rejecting her is killing Ringo, but it’s the only way to keep her safe. Hopefully, Rayne doesn’t lose trust in him when some unexpected truths are revealed.
On first impressions I equated Ringo to a bad massage because he rubbed me the wrong way. I thought he was a sex-driven jerk who only cared about himself when he was first introduced in Lone Star Lycan, which was the second book in the High Plains Shifter series. Boy, oh boy was I wrong! In all honesty, he probably cared the least about himself. Sure, he seemed cold and disconnected at times, but it was all an act to protect Rayne from danger. Some of the danger was real, and some of it was only in Ringo’s mind. This lonely lycan has valid reasons for questioning his worthiness, and I am tickled pink he was able to move on with his woman by his side. Honestly, the way they both yearned for one another, it was only a matter of time before they mated. The scene with Ringo watching Rayne from the bushes touched me in ways I hadn’t expected. Ringo’s Ride has the right amount of heart-felt moments, heat, and suspense. Regina Carlysle really tapped into something special when she created these lovable lycans. I will never grow tired of reading about their experiences and I don’t think readers will, either.
2 comments:
Oh, I loved this one! Glad you reviewed it!
Oh thanks so much, Amethyst Minx! You've reviewed the entire series so far! I was worried about how Ringo would be percieved and I'm so very glad you GOT HIM. I fell a little in love with him myself!
Thanks again!
Regina
Post a Comment