
Title: Once Wild
Author: Carol Gambill
Publisher: eXcessica Publishing
Publisher URL: http://excessica.com/
ISBN: n/a
Genre: {M/F} Erotic/Suspense
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx
Being abused by his father, while growing up, caused Shaun MacGregor to become very reckless in his teenage years. When he returns after serving eight years for killing his best friend, he doesn’t know what to expect from the townspeople. Or why he even came back to Ashland, Pennsylvania. Now that he realizes who has hit him with their car, his feelings are mixed about Maria helping him get home. They do find comfort in each others arms and know that it will be difficult to keep their relationship private because of their different backgrounds. Knowing that she might hate him, Shaun will have to face his past as his love for her surfaces and that is not an option for two people from different cultures.
Maria Bellicia is one of the rich kids, who’s father owns a coal mining company, and she has longed for Shaun most of her life. She is determined to help him after she sees he’s injured, when she accidently hits him with her car. She gets him to his place, and is a little confused by the feeling of comfort in his presence. She has a made a change in her life by helping others, being rich made her vain, and blind to the plight of the less fortunate.
Once Wild is the first book in the Breaking Out series and I really enjoyed reading this story, because it told of what happens to people that goes through the prison system. I found it fascinating that the two main characters were able to work their way through each adversity, along with spending time together. Shaun’s behavior was driven by his father’s rejections, and of others bullying during his school years which caused him to react without thinking his plans through first. It turns out that there was more than one villain, and one in particular I wanted serious harm to come to them.
Ms. Gambill did a fantastic job of creating a realistic plot and scenes in the prison, and mines. I must say here that the sex is extremely explosive. It was so sad that Shaun was on the receiving end of so much hatred from so many people in town, who wanted him harmed or dead. These people went through great lengths to carry out that harm, and I was rooting for Shaun and Maria’s happiness. I found myself racing to the end to see what would happen to these two, and I will not give away the ending here. This is the first time I have read a book by Carol Gambill, and am looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Author: Carol Gambill
Publisher: eXcessica Publishing
Publisher URL: http://excessica.com/
ISBN: n/a
Genre: {M/F} Erotic/Suspense
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx
Being abused by his father, while growing up, caused Shaun MacGregor to become very reckless in his teenage years. When he returns after serving eight years for killing his best friend, he doesn’t know what to expect from the townspeople. Or why he even came back to Ashland, Pennsylvania. Now that he realizes who has hit him with their car, his feelings are mixed about Maria helping him get home. They do find comfort in each others arms and know that it will be difficult to keep their relationship private because of their different backgrounds. Knowing that she might hate him, Shaun will have to face his past as his love for her surfaces and that is not an option for two people from different cultures.
Maria Bellicia is one of the rich kids, who’s father owns a coal mining company, and she has longed for Shaun most of her life. She is determined to help him after she sees he’s injured, when she accidently hits him with her car. She gets him to his place, and is a little confused by the feeling of comfort in his presence. She has a made a change in her life by helping others, being rich made her vain, and blind to the plight of the less fortunate.
Once Wild is the first book in the Breaking Out series and I really enjoyed reading this story, because it told of what happens to people that goes through the prison system. I found it fascinating that the two main characters were able to work their way through each adversity, along with spending time together. Shaun’s behavior was driven by his father’s rejections, and of others bullying during his school years which caused him to react without thinking his plans through first. It turns out that there was more than one villain, and one in particular I wanted serious harm to come to them.
Ms. Gambill did a fantastic job of creating a realistic plot and scenes in the prison, and mines. I must say here that the sex is extremely explosive. It was so sad that Shaun was on the receiving end of so much hatred from so many people in town, who wanted him harmed or dead. These people went through great lengths to carry out that harm, and I was rooting for Shaun and Maria’s happiness. I found myself racing to the end to see what would happen to these two, and I will not give away the ending here. This is the first time I have read a book by Carol Gambill, and am looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment