Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Matter of Time IV




Title: A Matter of Time IV
Author: Mary Calmes
Publisher: Club Lighthouse Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.clublighthousepublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-897532-88-1
Genre: {M/M} Murder-Mystery
Rating: 5 Nymphs/Golden Blush
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

As usual, trouble has Jory Harcourt on its radar. Life is settling down for him and his lover, Detective Sam Kage, when an old threat resurfaces. It doesn’t hit home how dangerous the situation is until Sam is caught in the crossfire, leaving Jory scrambling to find the culprit. How much can one untrained gay man playing Kojak uncover? You would be surprised!

Before I begin, let me say that, in order to enjoy this book, you have to know the history behind Sam and Jory. You have to experience their trials and tribulations to grasp how far this couple has come; to see clearly how much they’ve both grown individually and together, and to finally be able to celebrate their union.

Now that being say…it’s official, I absolutely love Mary Calmes. She took me on the ride of my life with A Matter of Time IV. I don’t think I’ve ever talked to a character so much in my history of reviewing. Jory is one of a kind. His brain seems to shut down during two critical moments and he acts before he truly thinks, when he is hurting, or someone he loves is harmed. I was on the edge of my seat for a majority of this book wondering, “What can he get into next, surely there is nothing left”. Well let me tell you, with Jory, there is always something left.

Sam has grown into a partner Jory could be proud to have in his life. There was no doubt in my mind of his love for Jory. To say Jory is important to him is an understatement. There were times where he made such touching declarations of love that I couldn’t help but forgive him for all the hurt he previously caused.

Mary Calmes fills the pages with action, suspense, drama, and sex that left me gasping for air. Ms. Calmes has anchored herself on my “must read list” of author’s. For those who’ve waited to see Sam and Jory finally get it right, the wait is over!

No comments: