Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Infected: Prey

Title: Infected: Prey
Author: Andrea Speed
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-61581-468-8
Genre: {M/M} Fantasy, Paranormal, Mystery, Suspense
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Infected - 5 Nymphs
Roan McKichan knows leaving his position with the police department was best for all around. His career as a Private Detective is rewarding, but he misses the complexity of his prior career. His latest assignment proves to be more difficult than Roan could have anticipated. To find a missing teenage boy he will have to use all of his senses and contacts. Over the course of the case, he will also have to come to terms with the fact that he is no ordinary born infected. Roan is truly the king of the jungle.

Prey - 5 Nymphs
A killer is preying on infecteds and Roan is approached for help by someone he never anticipated. Eli Winters, leader of the Church of the Divine Transformation, fears the killer has him in his sights and wants Roan’s help before he is assassinated. Will Roan allow his hatred of Eli to taint his inclination for a good mystery or will he rid himself and the community of two blights at once, Eli and the killer?

For Roan McKichan, snarky is his default mode and makes him a character you won’t forget. While I loved him, his lover Paris, stole my heart in portions of both stories. I could understand Roan’s fear as he discovers his abilities but with each revelation came my desire to see him push the envelope and discover his full potential. There is a fair amount of humor in these stories and I can honestly say I’ve never meet a character’s who closely resemble Roan or Paris. They are one of a kind! I still can’t go into my kitchen without giggling every time I look at an appliance.

I enjoyed the stories equally. They are well written with scenes that left me on the edge of my seat. For those who are expecting one erotic moment after the next, you won’t find that in this book. The men are attractive and very passionate about one another, but their sexual interaction is mostly alluded to. If you are looking for a fascinating mystery suspense story with shape-shifters that actually shift, pick up a copy of Infected: Prey.

No comments: