Thursday, December 30, 2010

Under Control


Title: Under Control
Author: Qwillia Rain
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-906-5
Genre: {M/M}, BDSM
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Vance is beating himself up with guilt because of what happened on his last mission. Ben doesn't know how both their lives will change once Vance walks in the door of the club, not knowing both their lives will change.

In the second book of the Diablo Blanco Club series, the emotions between Vance and Ben are so intense, I almost cried. The author draws you in, with the emotions that both men have, and keeps you there. Vance feels that when his emotions are out of control, people around him get hurt. As I was reading Under Control, I felt empathy for him, as there are times when I have felt the same way. Vance doesn't think that Ben will stay with him once he finds out why Vance feels guilty and Vance uses the whippings to gain control of himself.

I found this particular book very interesting because Vance was a Marine in the time of the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Though there were rumors, Vance resigned from the Marines himself. It was not really clear whether Ben was still in the Navy or not. I found it interesting that both men tap danced around each other until after this last mission, where both men decided independently of each other that their relationship would change. Please be warned that some of the flashbacks that Vance has alludes to non-consensual sex.

I have not read very many male/male books, but I highly recommend this book and I will be reading this one again.

No comments: