Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bump ‘n’ Grind

Title: Bump ‘n’ Grind
Author: Sam Cheever
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
ISBN: 9781419934964
Genre: {M/F} Older Woman, Younger Man
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amethyst Nymph 

Celebrating her birthday at a strip club wasn’t Felicia Jeffries’ choice, but her girlfriends wouldn’t let her chicken out. They insisted that she let her hair down and get wild for one night.  Felicia’s embarrassment quickly turns to lust when she sniffs a warm musky scent and touches a smooth broad chest.  Felicia can’t help wanting the sexy hunk, even though she has to be twenty years his senior.   

Garrett Holcomb is drawn to the beauty in the red dress the moment he spots her in the club.  Felicia’s friend has too much to drink, so Garrett leaps at the opportunity to lend a helping hand.  Their age difference doesn’t bother Garrett, even though Felicia tries to use it as an excuse.  Realizing that they can’t fight the attraction, Garrett and Felicia give in and try dating. 

Things get complicated when an old acquaintance makes trouble for Felicia and Garrett.  A wedge is formed between the couple, putting their trust to the test.  If Garrett can’t prove his innocence, he’ll be set up for crimes he didn’t commit and lose everything in the process.  Felicia will do anything she can to help Garrett, even if it means giving him up.   

Although Bump ‘n’ Grind is not a series, it is linked to Bits n Bytes. Readers can read it as a standalone story without feeling lost, although if you are a Sam Cheever fan, I suggest you read both for the fun of it.  I enjoyed Felicia and Garrett’s story because it was more than I was expecting.  Garrett’s character is a well rounded, nice guy and I couldn’t resist his charm.  When I think of male strippers, I don’t always come up with a positive image, but Garrett has definitely changed that for me.  He wasn’t a man whore, as I was expecting.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that he wanted more from Felicia than just sex.  Felicia is easy to relate to and I think women will like her.  I understood her fear in trusting Garrett and even in getting involved with him in the first place.  She had realistic doubts and realistic responses, which always makes the story more real for me.  Her group of friends sound like so much fun, I would love to know them.   The “who done it” suspense is an added surprise that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.  Readers will definitely get a kick out of this wonderful story.

No comments: