Title: A
Game of Schemes
Author: T.C. Blue
Publisher:
Total-E-Bound Publishing
Publisher URL: www.total-e-bound.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-78184-095-5
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Suspense Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Sully's been working
for the grey-ops organization, the Farmingdale Gentleman's Club, for
five years. He’s tired and ready to go on a psychiatrically ordered R and
R when he’s pulled into what supposed to be a simple retrieval job. On arriving
at his destination, it’s immediately clear nothing about the operation is as
expected. He finds people from his past, lots of new enemies and a situation
that isn’t what it appears. How will the game play out?
Castor hasn’t liked
the actions of his older brother Ajax
for several years and he’s been pretending to be a drunk to make him angry.
Suddenly Sully, a boy from his past, now grown into a man, reappears and Castor
doesn’t know what to think. It’s Sully but Castor finds the man’s frequent personality
switches just as confusing as his feelings. He’s upset and unwilling to share
his secrets with Sully, a man he thinks he can’t trust—a man he won’t see once
they part company. Will they see each other again or not?
A Game of Schemes is the latest release in TC Blue’s The Farmingdale Gentleman’s Club series. To understand the
organization and the recurring characters, I recommend reading the books in
order.
There’s always a lot
going on in the books in this series and A
Game of Schemes is no different. It
has a complicated but smooth flowing plot, vivid descriptions, good personality
development, lots of emotions, suspense and plenty of twists and turns. I
enjoyed learning about Sully’s and Castor’s history and what happened to
separate them as kids. It’s done in snippets of info and integrated nicely into
the plot. Secondary characters abound, Ajax
being one of the most important—he’ a complete jerk—but he’s well done and
meets the needs of his role in the story. And I can’t forget new character
Steve, who I’m certain we’ll be seeing again in the future.
Now to Castor and
Sully. Both these guys are intriguing as individuals but together they make a
winning combination. I like them, their personalities and how they interact
inside and outside the bedroom. Yes the sex is sizzling but the physical part
of the story never overwhelms the game Sully is playing for the FGC. I
appreciate the balance. The author really kept me guessing with their
relationship and whether it would work out up until the end. I look forward to
the next release.

No comments:
Post a Comment