Title:
Dragon’s
Bane
Author:
Emily Carrington
Publisher:
Loose Id
Publisher’s
URL: http://www.loose-id.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61118-899-8
Genre:
{M/M}, Fantasy, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
When
an ancient genie is accidentally released, he sets into motion a series of
events that could quite possibly bring about the end to Mark and Luke’s
relationship. The two men have a lot to
fight for, however, and soon the hard work begins.
Dragon’s Bane is the third story in the Dragon in Training series. The men, Luke and Mark, have been together
for three years now and they have not been easy years either. The author weaves the events of the last
three years smoothly throughout the story, showing the connection between past
events and the current situation the men seem to find themselves in. The
relationship between Mark and Luke continues as it has in the past
stories. This was really the only point
of the book I had any real issue with.
As much as I like both Mark and Luke, I was ready for Mark to accept all
aspects of being a dragon and for Luke to finally get want he needs from his
partner.
To
keep the reader’s attention, the author threw more trouble into the men’s path by
bringing back Dan and Reece, as well as introducing a genie with a mission. There were a lot of twists and turns involving
Reece and Dan, and their connection with Mark and Luke. Although I felt bad for Dan, I liked the way
the author handled the whole problem.
Readers should know, however, that the subject of rape and abuse is
behind some of the problems Mark and Luke face.
This
is a series that needs to be read in order and if you’re a fan of the
fantasy/paranormal genre, then I would strongly suggest you give Dragon’s Bane and the rest of the
series a shot.

No comments:
Post a Comment