Title: Breaking the
Playboy’s Curse
Author: Charlie
Richards
Publisher: eXtasy
Books
Publishers URL: http://www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-77111-489-9
Genre: {M/M}, Paranormal,
Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymph
Reviewer: Critter Nymph
One by one, Vail’s
pack mates have been finding their true mates.
While he’s happy for his brethren, he is also jealous that he will never
be able to acknowledge his own mate. But
Vail never counted on Draven.
Breaking the Playboy’s Curse is the tenth book in the Kontra’s Menagerie series and picks up
shortly after the end of In the Eyes of Crazy.
This story brings together Draven, the vampire wizard half breed who
will be mentoring Tim, and Vail, a wolf shifter in Kontra’s pack. Vail has reason to believe that he may never
be able to claim his mate and I liked this new twist in the story. I also like the way the author is switching
things up a little by introducing new paranormal beings in the form of half-breeds. For fans of this genre, these changes help
keep the stories from becoming stale.
There is chemistry
between Vail and Draven that can’t be denied, regardless of the curse that
hangs over Vail’s head. When these two
get together, they heat up the pages and Draven, who is not only a vampire
wizard but also a tough detective, felt comfortable submitting to his mate so
that Vail could claim him. I thought it showed
that the Draven was just as anxious to make sure his mate was happy, as Vail
seemed to be.
There are a variety of
great secondary characters in this story.
While most are characters readers have met already, there are a couple
of new ones. I especially liked Draven’s
partner, even if he does come across a little narrow minded and can’t help
wanting to see him get a story of his own.
While as a whole I
liked the story, I did feel a little let down. It’s not possible to say much without giving
the story away, but because the curse that hangs over Vail’s head plays such an
important part in keeping the character from looking for a mate, I expected to
see it as a large part in Breaking the
Playboy’s Curse, yet for me it came across as almost a second thought. This will not keep me from re-reading the
story and I am waiting to see what more the author will be introducing to this
interesting series.

No comments:
Post a Comment