Title: Prince
Claimed
Author: Amber Kell
Publisher: Total
E-Bound
Publisher URL: www.total-e-bound.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-78184-286-7
Genre: {M/M}
Futuristic Paranormal Series
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Prince Bleine is a
Thresl and up until now, he’s always had female mates. This time, his brother intervenes when his
life is in danger and he ends up mated to a human male. It’s an unexpected turn
of events but Bleine quickly accepts Sarler as his mate.
Sarler comes from a
world where loving a man isn’t just frowned on but it’s worthy of death, so
being bonded to Prince Bleine gets the men off to a rocky start. Sarler can’t
deny his attraction to his new mate but he’s having trouble dealing with the
situation based on how he was raised. There’s a lot to understand about Bleine
and the world he now lives in and it seems there are enemies around every
corner. Can Sarler and Bleine work on making their relationship work while
trying to discover a traitor?
Prince Claimed is the second release in Amber Kell’s The Thresl Chronicles. It takes up shortly after Soldier Mine left off, so the books
should be read in order.
I liked the first book
in this series, so I was looking forward to this release. The Thresl world is
intriguing, and here we get to learn more of their history—including a few
surprises that even Bleine and his brother, the king, didn’t know. The
revelations bring an important new character into the story and I expect to see
a lot more of him as the series progresses. There’s also lots of angst, pain,
and potential for all kinds of betrayal.
The story pacing is
steady and there are plenty of secondary characters scattered throughout. The
personalities of Bleine and Sarler are pretty well-rounded considering the book’s
length. I guess that’s one of my biggest complaints—the length. There’s so much
crammed into Prince Claimed 82 print
pages that the story of their relationship suffers. I wanted to know more—to
feel more about what was going on with them. Don’t get me wrong, I think the
story is entertaining and that the series has great possibilities. I believe
more attention needs to be paid to the couple while building the world around
them, even if that means the book needs to be longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment