Title: Beauty
Bites
Author: Mary Hughes
Publisher: Samhain
Publishing
Publisher URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61921-581-8
Genre: {M/F}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Release Date: 08-27-13
Meiers Corners needs top-notch
advertising to turn it from a quaint little town into a money-making tourist
destination before it goes bankrupt. They pick Minneapolis advertising guru Ric Holiday, who
refuses them outright. What they don’t know is that Meiers Corners is too close
to Chicago and the vampire who turned him as a boy.
A vampire is what they
need. Ric’s good at his job and will understand the needs of their hidden
vampire community, so to catch Ric’s interest; they send beautiful Dr. Synnove
Byornsson to crash his cocktail party. Dressed in a killer outfit, Synnove’s
determined to win Ric over, but things don’t go as planned. She ends up in
competition with a deadly female vampire who wants to turn Meiers Corners into a
mid-west version of Las Vegas .
Beauty Bites is the newest release in the Biting Love series by Mary Hughes. There’s some time between books
but because of the recurring characters the books should be read in order.
I like this book but
then all the releases in this series are fun, quirky and entertaining and Beauty Bites isn’t any different. The
story is fast paced, it has great characters with good personality development,
the details are vivid and there are plenty of twists and turns to hold your
interest. I mean there’s just something so appealing about the people from this
little town that every time a new book comes out I have to read it. This time,
it’s Ric and Synnove and their bantering dialogue and sizzling sexual tension I
can’t get enough of.
But that’s not all. Not
only do we have a chance to get reacquainted with some of the couples we’ve met
before, but the author has created a couple of intriguing new individuals as
the villains. These two add lots of color, trouble and danger and I hope you
find them as interesting as I did. I don’t know what comes next in this well
written series but I can’t wait to find out.

No comments:
Post a Comment