Title:
Catch
My Breath
Author:
M.J. O’Shea
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publishers
URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62380-871-6
Genre:
{M/M}, Contemporary
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Blue
Horizon Records is holding open auditions with the hopes of finding their next
new star. Unfortunately, they are unable
to find just one great star and instead settle for four new voices, hoping that
by grouping them together they will have the next big boy band instead. But something is still missing, that is until
the record company brings in Elliot.
I
loved Ms. O’Shea’s newest release, Catch
My Breath. This is a great story
that shows the readers the many sides of the music world. Danny and Elliot, along with three other
young men, are brought together by Blue Horizon Records to be the next big boy
band. Although the five men hit it off
from the start and soon become the best of friends, it is Danny and Elliot that
become the closest. When the five men
are placed in a reality show with a bunch of other young musicians, that closeness
becomes even tighter. With the way Danny
and Elliot were with each other, I was surprised that it took the two so long
to realize what they were really feeling.
I also could not believe that the other musicians in the house did not
realize what was going on. Because the
young men are only eighteen, the author does not go into graphic detail once
their relationship moves from friendship into something more, yet that does not
keep the intensity they are feeling from coming through.
There
are a lot of secondary characters, not all of whom are likeable. I could not believe the music industry people
in this story. The way they torment
Danny and Elliot made me crazy. While I
thought some of the situations the young men found themselves in could be put
down to their age, the way they were manipulated was just over the top. I did love the rest of Danny’s and Elliot’s
band members though. The way the three
older men stuck by the young lovers was great and I wondered if we would be
seeing any of them in future stories.
Catch My Breath is a well written story that
grabbed my attention from the beginning.
I could not wait to see how the author planned on working things out for
the men, and found myself wanting to skip ahead just to see how the story ended,
but I did not want to miss anything by doing so. I am sure fans of this author will love her
new story, and those who have not yet given this author a try, should start
with this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment