Title: Parting
Shot
Author: Mary Calmes
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62380-875-4
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Duncan Stiel has
wanted a partner for years, but his job as an undercover police officer keeps
him firmly in the closet. When friends introduce him to a man he’s crazy about,
it looks like his dreams are about to come true. Unfortunately his current
investigation and the real world intrude before his relationship with Aaron can
really get started.
Wealthy Aaron Sutter
seemingly has it all but in reality, he’s desperately alone. When he meets Duncan , he’s immediately
smitten with the intriguing detective. Aaron has to learn how to deal with
Duncan, a man who believes in working to support himself and won’t live like a
‘kept man’. It’s a matter of both men
compromising, but Aaron learning to give away his carefully guarded
heart—that’s the hardest thing of all.
Parting Shot is the newest and I believe the last release in Mary Calmes
A Matter of Time series. I suggest
reading the books in order but at least read But For You, where Aaron and
Duncan are introduced.
I’ve enjoyed this
series from the beginning and was afraid Aaron would be left hanging when the
last book featuring Jory and Sam came to an end. So as you can imagine, I was
thrilled when I learned Aaron would get his own story. In this release, he’s
much more developed than before and we get the chance to see the guy he really
is—with a needy side, instead of the face he puts on for the public. I’m happy
to say this new and improved Aaron is a guy I like. And Duncan —he’s intense, but easy-going, strong
and protective—and I like that he’s a perfect counterpoint to Aaron.
The story is fast-paced,
resolves the issues left over from But
For You, has vivid descriptions, and provides Duncan with action, danger and injury. Max,
Aaron’s brother is a new character and while he’s not exactly a villain, he
does manage to mess things up a bit. I did miss seeing Jory and we only have a
glimpse of Sam in the beginning. So, I suggest you give this entertaining book
a try. You won’t be sorry you did.

No comments:
Post a Comment