Title: Unconditional
Author: Lauren Dane
Publisher: Samhain
Publishing
Publisher URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61921-653-2
Genre: {M/F}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Michelle Slattery
became a cop to help people and being a witch usually makes her job a easier.
This time her magical skills aren’t helping. All across the country, mages are
kidnapping, torturing and draining the energy from witches, and her best friend
is one of those missing. She asks for help from the werewolves of the Pacific Pack
and is stunned to find her old high school boyfriend as their enforcer.
Josh Neelan was
bitten and turned into a werewolf as a teen, and he had to leave his old life
behind—that included Michelle. When she
comes to his pack asking for help, he’s surprised but can’t deny their
chemistry hasn’t changed. In fact, it’s more intense than before, because
Michelle’s his mate.
It’s not easy making
up for the years apart, especially with danger lurking around every corner. As
they hunt for Michelle’s friend, it becomes obvious the mage problem is leading
up to something much bigger. Can they find a way back to each other and stay
alive to make a life together?
Unconditional is the latest release in Lauren Dane’s Cascadia Wolves series. It’s another great addition to the family
of books and while reading it as a standalone is possible, I recommend the
books be read in order.
I’ve enjoyed this
series from the beginning and look forward to each new release. I’m always
guaranteed a well constructed plot, action, danger and imagery that will pull
me into the story—and Unconditional
isn’t any different. Not only has the talented Ms. Dane provided me with a
story with great ‘bones’, but Josh and Michelle have well developed
personalities and they’re characters I can care about. I love the personal history
Ms. Dane created between them. It makes the depth of their emotional connection
very believable. And their physical chemistry—it’s sizzling.
Now to the
villains—the mages. There’s a lot going on with this part of the plotline and
because there’s something major brewing, at the end this thread is left
dangling for a future revelation. I can’t wait to find out what it is and how
it affects the wolves and witches. I how you enjoy this entertaining paranormal
series as much as I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment