Title:
Behind
Every Cloud
Author:
Penny Brandon
Publisher:
Loose Id
Publishers
URL: http://www.loose-id.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62300-478-1
Genre:
{M/M}, Contemporary
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Kurt
was eighteen when his parents died. Putting
his personal life on hold to care for his fourteen year old sister, Kurt is now
ready to test the waters again after twelve years. Sasha is not who he would have chosen but for
some reason, he can’t seem to get the younger man out of his mind.
I
loved this new book by author Penny Brandon.
Behind Every Cloud is a fast-paced
read and will leave you anxious to see what will happen. Both characters are interesting; however,
Sasha is my favorite. He’s your
stereotypical poor little rich boy.
After a tragic incident when he was a child, he is assigned a body guard
and spends the rest of his life constantly being monitored. Unable to handle being controlled by his
family, he finally rebels. To say Sasha
takes a trip on the wild side would be an understatement. I like that, in many ways, Sasha is not what
he seems. I found it heartbreaking that
when Sasha needs someone watching his back, he really has no one to turn to
other than a stranger.
Kurt
is a businessman whose personal life has taken a back seat to everything
else. The way he went out of his way to
care for his sister shows you just what type of guy he is, so it’s no surprise
that he would step in when he sees Sasha in need of help.
I
loved the instant connection these two have, even though neither is sure what
is going on between them. When their
relationship heats up it is intense, but readers know that when secrets are
kept they have a way of coming out and usually cause more than their share of
problems. While I can understand why
Sasha kept secrets from Kurt, I can also understand Kurt’s point of view and am
not surprise by his reactions.
The
author wrapped the little twists in this story up wonderfully. I am excited to see just what other stories
the author has out, as Behind Every
Cloud was very well done.

1 comment:
Thanks for your wonderful review. I'm glad you liked Behind Every Cloud. I'm thinking of writing a little extra for Kurt and Sasha, maybe when Kurt finally gets Sasha to re-unite with his parents...
Post a Comment