Title:
Off Campus
Author:
Amy Jo Cousins
Publisher:
Samhain Publishing
Publishers
URL: https://www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 9781619223936
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary,
Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
ARC:
To be published Dec. 30, 2014
Tom
went from being the golden boy everyone wanted to be with to homeless with no
real friends, almost overnight. Now that he’s at the point where his life is
turning around, he isn’t going to let anything stand in his way. Not even a horny roommate.
Off Campus is the first book in a new series, Bend or Break, by author Amy Jo Cousins.
This isn’t the usual campus story as both main characters have been in school
for some time and just happened to meet for the first time when they are
assigned to the same room in off campus housing. From the start it was easy for me to like
Tom. He is a young man who carries the
actions of his father heavily on his shoulders.
Through no fault of his own, Tom finds himself homeless and struggling
to make things work. While I feel bad
for him, it is easy to see that it is making him a stronger man. Reese, on the other hand, comes across as a
bit of an ass from the very beginning. The
lengths he goes to in order to get Tom to move out will make you shake your
head. It is only as I came to know the
character that I started to understand why he behaves the way he does. The reasons behind Reese’s actions may be
difficult for some readers.
The
author spends quite a bit of time bringing these two together. At times I wondered if they would ever get
together, yet once the two start opening up, their relationship moves
fast. This does not mean that everything
becomes hunky dory between them. The
relationship between Tom and Reese has many ups and downs. More than once I thought this story would end
on a bad note.
For
me Off Campus started on a slow
note, and it took a while to warm up to one of the main characters, I also
found myself enjoying the story. I am
curious to see what the author has planned for a follow up and look forward to
the next book.

No comments:
Post a Comment