Title: A
Chaotic Range
Author: Andrew Grey
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-63216-150-5
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
For David, daily life
on the ranch is pretty simple. It’s mending fences and taking care of the
cattle but when a snowstorm rolls through the area, they find a stranded
motorist almost frozen in his car. He's surprised to
discover that the stranger is Brian Applewright, a guy he knew in high school,
and that Brian's ranch boss fired him for being gay.
A new job on the ranch
is a wonderful turn of events for the unemployed Brian and gives him a chance
to get reacquainted with David, his high school crush. After a recent break-up
David has issues of his own to deal with, and starting a new relationship is
something he’s not interested in. But circumstances and human nature has other
ideas and it isn’t long before the attraction of their earlier years is back
and stronger than before. The question is whether they can move past the pain
of their previous mistakes and make a life together.
A Chaotic Range is the newest release in Andrew Grey’s Range series. Due to the overlapping characters and the continuing
use of the same location, I recommend the books be read in order.
It’s hard to believe
it’s been 18 months since the release of a book in this entertaining series. I
always look forward to each one and was beginning to think the series had come
to an end and I’d missed the notice. With this long awaited release, fans can
be assured of another well written and plotted story that fits wonderfully into
the family of books.
The book begins with
the life threatening snowstorm in which Brian is stranded. It’s well written,
allowing the reader to feel all the pain and despair he experiences in this
situation and how he got there. The rescue and the opening scenes with the men
from the ranch are equally gripping and reminded me why I enjoy this series so
much. The descriptions of ranch life are nicely done but those involving the
storms are particularly vivid.
I like David and Brian
and while there aren’t a great many details about their high school years,
there are enough to understand their renewed attraction. These two have a lot
of baggage and I really expected them to have more trouble moving past them,
but they move quickly into a relationship—really too fast, considering their
pasts. Seeing the nice integration of several of the previous characters was
enjoyable and it certainly grounded the story in the established setting. So
despite my niggles, I enjoyed it and will be looking for the next one. Happy
reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment