Tuesday, September 1, 2015

In From the Cold

Author:  Meg Adams
Publisher:   Samhain Publishing
ISBN/BIN:   978-1-61922-871-9
Genre:  {M/F} Contemporary, Christmas
Rating:  4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amethyst Nymph

Change wasn’t only blowing in the wind, it had created a tornado for Claire Iverson.  She was tired of hiding in bed and reliving the past.  Claire needed this new job to get her life back on track.  What she didn’t need was the run-in on this dirty flying bus with a rude father who was neglecting his adorable daughter.  Her heart sank when Claire realized the little girl was her new job.

Balancing work and his daughter Suzie is harder than Drake Driscoll expected.  He was counting on the hired nanny to take care of the best thing in his world.  What he hadn’t counted on was the instant attraction to the curvy woman who obviously thought he was the worst father in the world. 

Claire connects with Suzie and Drake so effortlessly but she’s uncertain about what comes next.  Baggage from the past still haunts Claire and it isn’t so easy to share that with Drake, no matter how understanding he is.  Drake has problems of his own, which surface on this business trip and changes things forever.  Claire is overwhelmed by it all, and this could be enough to send her back to cutting herself off from the world.

I loved this reality romance, In From the Cold!  It was a clever mesh with the feel of a day time soap opera and the average person’s life.  Meg Adams painted a picture for me that I wanted to keep staring at.  I was right there on that plane with Claire and the mother in me jumped into life.  I am so glad she wasn’t shy with her opinions.  Drake deserved the little gifts his daughter gave him and I couldn’t help but laugh at the entire thing.  Those moments were when I started warming up to him and a few of my favorite scenes.  He made me relate to being a single parent from the dad’s point of view.  The issues with his best friend and his ex-wife brought me to my knees.  I would never have guessed he was dealing with so much because he appeared so well put together.  They say bad things happen for a reason and this story is a good example of that.  Claire and Drake weren’t the only people who got the new beginning they deserved.  I don’t want to give away the too much, but I know readers will be drawn in by other characters and love this story as much as I did.  It’s like an onion, because it has so many layers that might bring up tears.  

No comments: