Title: Storm
Warning
Author: Monette Michaels
Publisher: Self Published
Publisher
URL: http://monettemichaels.com
ISBN/BIN: 9780986273056
Genre: {M/F}, Contemporary, Suspense, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
DJ
Poe has a new job, but needs to rescue her mother before she starts. Friends she did a mission with in Afghanistan
help her. When she starts her new job,
she runs into the one brother of her friends she hasn’t met. Tweeter decides DJ is his.
Storm Warning is the fourth
book in the Security Specialists
International series, also known as SSI. DJ happens to be the first woman
agent hired by SSI because of her background.
Her background, along with Tweeter’s sister Keely’s habit of attracting
trouble, puts her talents to the test.
I
loved DJ as she is a strong woman.
Readers need to be aware that when she shares some of what happened to
her at the hands of her father and his cronies, it could be the cause of some
triggers. DJ is a survivor, and with
Tweeter’s help, starts to heal. I also
enjoyed Tweeter’s stealth courting, as he called it. He goes out of his way to show DJ that he
wants a relationship with her for the long term. I was so happy when they finally got
together.
DJ’s
mom has to heal, as well. The women of
SSI go a long way to help both heal and I loved the way they were so kick ass when
the situation called for it, as readers of the series already know.
The
bad guys are interesting even though a few are predictable, but DJ and Tweeter
have lots of help from their fellow agents, and some from other agencies, as
they finish their missions. There were a
few twists and turns, though one main situation was one that could be seen
coming.
While
readers don’t need to read the series in order to enjoy it, I recommend that
the stories be read in order to get the most out of them. Storm
Warning is a great addition to the series and I am looking forward to
reading more about Security Specialists
International.

No comments:
Post a Comment