
Book Title: Uneven
Author: Anah Crow
Publisher: Torquere
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-328-4
Genre: Gay Erotic Romance/ Contemporary BDSM
Nymph Rating: 3.5 nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Woodland Nymph
Rase Illion is a wealthy man, a captain of industry in his forties who was too busy for most of his life to take the time to make friends. He’s always liked balance in his life and prefers dealing with steel machines to humans. When he meets a stock boy from his company who isn’t intimidated by him, Rase surprises himself when he can’t help but submit to the younger man’s dominating personality. Not since his youth after an incident gone wrong in a dungeon has he allowed himself to submit to anyone let alone another man.
Rase soon discovers there’s more to Gabriel Chariton than just being a stock boy. After a passionate episode of his total submission to Gabriel, Rase decides to make some necessary changes in his life. Divorcing his second wife and trying to repair his relationship with his son, Takis are his first priorities.
Uneven is an enjoyable story of one man learning to accept himself. I was disappointed as the reader is never given the chance to get to know Gabriel and as a result I didn’t care about him. Once past the initial and rough sado masochistic (s/m) scene with Gabriel, Anah Crow’s writing flourishes when Rase becomes a much more likeable person and the reader is given the opportunity to get to know him better, which explains a lot of his initial aloofness. I love the relationship between Rase and his son, Takis as well as his relationship with his secretary Allen. The banter between them is terrific and the care these two men, Rase and Allen have for each other easily comes across, whereas it does not with Gabriel. As a result I found myself rooting for Allen to get together with Rase. As I enjoyed reading about Rase and the changes he makes in his life and himself, that is why I can recommend this book to fans of the m/m genre.
Author: Anah Crow
Publisher: Torquere
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-328-4
Genre: Gay Erotic Romance/ Contemporary BDSM
Nymph Rating: 3.5 nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Woodland Nymph
Rase Illion is a wealthy man, a captain of industry in his forties who was too busy for most of his life to take the time to make friends. He’s always liked balance in his life and prefers dealing with steel machines to humans. When he meets a stock boy from his company who isn’t intimidated by him, Rase surprises himself when he can’t help but submit to the younger man’s dominating personality. Not since his youth after an incident gone wrong in a dungeon has he allowed himself to submit to anyone let alone another man.
Rase soon discovers there’s more to Gabriel Chariton than just being a stock boy. After a passionate episode of his total submission to Gabriel, Rase decides to make some necessary changes in his life. Divorcing his second wife and trying to repair his relationship with his son, Takis are his first priorities.
Uneven is an enjoyable story of one man learning to accept himself. I was disappointed as the reader is never given the chance to get to know Gabriel and as a result I didn’t care about him. Once past the initial and rough sado masochistic (s/m) scene with Gabriel, Anah Crow’s writing flourishes when Rase becomes a much more likeable person and the reader is given the opportunity to get to know him better, which explains a lot of his initial aloofness. I love the relationship between Rase and his son, Takis as well as his relationship with his secretary Allen. The banter between them is terrific and the care these two men, Rase and Allen have for each other easily comes across, whereas it does not with Gabriel. As a result I found myself rooting for Allen to get together with Rase. As I enjoyed reading about Rase and the changes he makes in his life and himself, that is why I can recommend this book to fans of the m/m genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment