Monday, April 27, 2009

The Price Of His Redemption


Title: The Price Of His Redemption
Author: Jamie Craig
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure
ISBN: 978-1-60272-497-6
Genre: Gay M/M, Ménage M/F/M, Dark Fantasy, Vampire, BDSM
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Jesse Madding’s focus isn’t on Guardian training; with Emma Coolidge back safely in his and Gideon Keel’s arms, it’s hard to concentrate on anything else. Something is amiss and Emma’s actions are leading them to believe there is some unfinished business. Her sleepwalking doesn’t disturb them until she is caught searching for a book on dimensional magic. The bond between Emma and Jesse is still strong, but causes them to get in way over their heads. Gideon is used to his lovers depending on him. He feels Jesse and Emma no longer need him. Is this true, or are these just his fears surfacing?

Jesse must find out what’s going on with Emma, and put an end to her sleepwalking before it’s too late.

The Price Of His Redemption is Book X and the final installment of The Master Chronicles. Jesse proves himself not just to Gideon, but also to Michelle and Emma on some level. His strength to do what is right and necessary surpasses his desire to keep those he loves safe from harm. Regardless of being stronger than Gideon, he still needs Gideon to be his white knight and save the day. I love that about these books. Even though Gideon is a vampire, he doesn’t allow his baser instincts to interfere with his hidden more human side. He wants to be the knight, the lover, the provider and he’s just so damn good at it. This was a fantastic series and I’m saddened to see it come to an end.

I have to admit I’m going to miss Emma, Gideon, Jesse, Michelle, and Dominique. These characters have brought me months of entertainment. I’ll miss Gideon most of all. His edgy brand of sex, love, and domination has left me squirming in my seat a time or two, and his bloodlust is not for the weak at heart. Emma, Gideon, and Jesse make the perfect complex family. Jesse’s love of pain mixed with pleasure has kept Gideon content since the beginning, and Emma’s completes them by adding the soft feminine side. I love the complex characters Jamie Craig has created; each distinctive with personalities that are believable, despite if they are human, supernatural, or a vampire. The stories combine exquisitely erotic sex, with suspense, mystery, and battles that make the stories flow, latching on to your mind until the end.

I know Jamie Craig will have more exciting stories, and I’ll be there to read them all.

No comments: