Thursday, April 30, 2009

Zero at the Bone


Title: Zero at the Bone
Author: Jane Seville
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-935192-80-0
Genre: Contemporary Suspense M/M
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Who knew a cookie could cause so much trouble? For most, it could mean the difference between clothes that fit or feeling as if you’ve been put through a sausage machine. However, for poor Jack Francisco, it changes his uncomplicated existence into a dangerous situation that could shorten his life expectancy.

A moment of weakness leads Jack straight into protective custody after witnessing a mob hit. His squeaky-clean record and intelligence make him a prosecutor’s wet dream and a defense attorney’s worse nightmare.

D, an unlikely hero, is a hitman with morals, blackmailed into taking Jack’s contract. One look at Jack and D knows this one is different. Something about the man propels D from the position of executioner to protector and that’s when the fun begins.

Jane Seville, I have to say I love your style. D and Jack aren’t your average couple. They are two people you would never see just getting together in a sports bar and saying, “Let’s go on a date!” The men met under stressful conditions and bonded while relying on one another for safety. Jack is a naturally upbeat friendly person who has to adapt to his new situation. D’s job dictates secrecy and his hermit-like way of life, because to trust too easily could spell death. Jack, however, works his way right under D’s armor. I loved reading this story. It has plenty of action, suspense, mystery, and erotic moments to keep your attention. I know more is in store for this couple and I plan to visit Ms. Seville’s website to continue reading about Jack and D.

No comments: