Sunday, November 22, 2009

Demons are Forever


Title: Demons are Forever
Author: Wynne Hayworth
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504- 665-5
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Humans are mutating into creatures thought to be legends only. Buck Shand is called to the site of a gruesome murder, which is the latest of several over the past few weeks. Buck uses his particular skill to try to identify the killer but ends up with few clues.

Dr. Lian Herrick is asked by the Captain to be part of the task force trying to identify the killer. Lian keeps herself under tight control as she is a succubus. As Buck and Lian work together, they end up bonding and now have a mental link that comes in handy as they bait a trap to catch the killer.

Demons are Forever is a realistic look at a world that is suddenly populated by werewolves, vampires, fairies and other supernatural or legendary species. The author was so descriptive that you could see what Buck was seeing in your mind. It was interesting how the relationship between Lian and Buck evolved and the fears they have because of what they are. I would have liked to learn more about Buck and what he really was because I felt the author only glossed over him. I recommend keeping ice-cubes on hand as you read the sex scenes between Lian and Buck. After reading the epilogue, there will be additional stories about some of the other characters in this book. I think this will be an interesting series as Ms. Hayworth expands on her society.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amazon Nymph and thank you so much for reading my story! I'm glad you like this world - so do I. It's a lot of fun playing "creator", and yes I hope there'll be more exciting adventures, since I have a few more ideas and characters to explore.

Thanks again for your kind words - they're truly priceless!

Happy New Year,
Wynne

CelticAmazon said...

You're welcome
AN