
Title: Sweet Oblivion 5: Elixir
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
Publisher: Changeling Press
Publisher URL: http://www.changelingpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59596-446-5
Genre: {M/M}, Paranormal, Dark Fantasy
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Michael and Wild Bill have put down roots of a sort, which isn’t always a good thing. When Michael wants to go back for his laptop, Bill isn’t so sure. He goes along anyway, and they end up in deeper trouble than they ever have been. Hunted by vamps, they manage to find refuge, but then Michael starts to change and Bill races to find help for him before it’s too late.
With Dr. Harmon and his live-in assistant Felice, Bill desperately searches for a way to save Michael’s life. It doesn’t help matters when Harmon offers Bill something he’s wanted for a long time: a chance to be human again. But will Bill take it?
Sweet Oblivion 5: Elixir is the fifth and final installment in the Sweet Oblivion series, and I mourned the end before I even read it. I adore Michael and Bill, and I love how this one is written--edge-of-the-seat action interspersed with entrancing love scenes.
As always, for me, Bill stole the show. Why do I love him so much? Oh, for things like this: Most people would’ve answered, “Surprise me.” But most people didn’t have Trouble with a capital “T” for a boyfriend.
How can you not love that attitude? I’ve read a lot of vampires, and Bill is one of my all-time favorites. He’s sexy in a grunge, bad boy way and his personality deliciously sarcastic and abrasive. Yet his love for Michael is soul-deep and while he’s not the sentimental type, it’s easy to see.
I pray Price will do more with the two of them. Until then, I’ll happily re-read all the stories.
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
Publisher: Changeling Press
Publisher URL: http://www.changelingpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59596-446-5
Genre: {M/M}, Paranormal, Dark Fantasy
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Michael and Wild Bill have put down roots of a sort, which isn’t always a good thing. When Michael wants to go back for his laptop, Bill isn’t so sure. He goes along anyway, and they end up in deeper trouble than they ever have been. Hunted by vamps, they manage to find refuge, but then Michael starts to change and Bill races to find help for him before it’s too late.
With Dr. Harmon and his live-in assistant Felice, Bill desperately searches for a way to save Michael’s life. It doesn’t help matters when Harmon offers Bill something he’s wanted for a long time: a chance to be human again. But will Bill take it?
Sweet Oblivion 5: Elixir is the fifth and final installment in the Sweet Oblivion series, and I mourned the end before I even read it. I adore Michael and Bill, and I love how this one is written--edge-of-the-seat action interspersed with entrancing love scenes.
As always, for me, Bill stole the show. Why do I love him so much? Oh, for things like this: Most people would’ve answered, “Surprise me.” But most people didn’t have Trouble with a capital “T” for a boyfriend.
How can you not love that attitude? I’ve read a lot of vampires, and Bill is one of my all-time favorites. He’s sexy in a grunge, bad boy way and his personality deliciously sarcastic and abrasive. Yet his love for Michael is soul-deep and while he’s not the sentimental type, it’s easy to see.
I pray Price will do more with the two of them. Until then, I’ll happily re-read all the stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment