Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Unreal


Title: Unreal
Author: Zoe Nichols
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: N/A
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Rose Nymph

With two gorgeous men lavishing him with attention constantly and a wardrobe that would make any girl’s eyes turn green, Asher could be forgiven in thinking he had the perfect life.

He never saw it coming…

When he wakes up in a strange room with no memory of how he got there, Asher’s about ready to freak out but a familiar voice grounds him. Derek is by his side the second he wakes and fills in the gaps – Asher’s in the hospital with severe injuries suffered when he was trampled in the panic of an arson attack on Derek’s crowded bar three days ago.

Distracted by his own pain, it takes Asher a while to figure out that he isn’t the only one hurting. On top of almost losing the love of his life, Derek is grieving his beloved bar. Add to that the increasingly complicated relationship with Dean and Asher’s delicate shoulders are starting to feel the strain.

I am continuously surprised by the drama in the Asher series. Just when I thought I had things figured out with the fun and playful events of the previous two stories, things take a decidedly serious turn in Unreal. I really appreciated this development as I feel this has really given substance to the characters. Asher, Derek and Dean’s ideal living situation could never last forever and the hint at possible damage to their relationship that could have already occurred, due to a lack of communication, is very well done here. I am interested to see if the threesome can overcome their insecurities and fears of really committing to this unique relationship.

No comments: