Monday, April 12, 2010

Tears of the Dragon

Title: Tears of the Dragon
Author: Cyndi Friberg
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 9781419924385
Genre: {M/F} Fantasy, Historical
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

Rowena, Lady of Pendragon, believes in taking care of her people and now that she is a widow, the land and serfs come first for her. There is a curse surrounding the Pendragon men, along with talk of fairies and dragons, which she puts on stock in, and thinks it will keep her from having to marrying again. Along comes Dominic, who desires her the first time he sees her and her defiance to not open her gates to Dominic has him wanting to know why she is like that.

Dominic of Capstow is a loyal and trusted knight of William Marshal, who was sent to bring Lady Rowena to court, so she can answer to a charge that is being brought against her. She is determined to not have any feelings for him because of the behavior her deceased husband had toward her. The realization that Rowena had slipped into his guarded heart confused and angered him, since he is not ready to marry yet.

Tears of the Dragon is a story of a young innocent girl, married to a man who didn’t keep his promises, and a seasoned trusted knight, who find love in the time of danger. The villains that pose the threat to the future of Pendragon are not what you would expect but just the same, greed plays a big factor. I thought that Rowena was a little too cautious at times, and thanks to her maid, she was kept from making too many wrong choices with the people. Dominic was my hero, and I really felt for him, being forced into a position not his choosing and his willingness to protect Rowena was a nice touch.

This is the first book I have read from Ms. Friberg, and I must say that she did a fantastic job of storytelling. Talk about knight in shining armor, Dominic was every bit of that and more. After I figured out what was behind the curse, it left me wondering about the outcome of the story. Let me say here that I was not disappointed at all and was thrilled at the generosity of the two main characters. If you are looking for a boring story, this is not it - I say read and enjoy!


Cyndi Friberg said...

Hi Goddess Minx,
Thanks for reviewing TEARS OF THE DRAGON. I appreciate your time and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
Take care,

Goddess said...

You are very welcome Cyndi!! It was my pleasure to read your story, and hoping for more from you.